Get In-Depth Analysis on Top Trials From ACC.19
JACC Journals ACC.19 Simultaneous Publications
The following exciting clinical research was presented at the meeting:
- Effects of Icosapent Ethyl on Total Ischemic Events - Further Insights from REDUCE-IT – Bhatt et al. (Late Breaking Clinical Trial)
- Health Status after Transcatheter Mitral-Valve Repair in Patients with Heart Failure and Secondary Mitral Regurgitation: Results from the COAPT Trial – Cohen et al. (Late Breaking Clinical Trial)
- Ticagrelor versus Clopidogrel After Thrombolytic Therapy in Patients With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: 12 month results from the TREAT Trial – Berwanger et al. (Late Breaking Clinical Trial)
- Sonothrombolysis in ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Treated with Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention – Porter et al. (Featured Clinical Research)
- 18F-Fluoride Positron Emission Tomographic Imaging of Penile Arteries and Erectile Dysfunction – Strauss et al.
- Outcomes in Chronic Hemodynamically Significant Aortic Regurgitation and Limitations of Current Guidelines – Pellikka et al.
- B-type Natriuretic Peptide During Treatment with Sacubitril/Valsartan: the PARADIGM-HF Trial – Solomon et al. (Young Investigator’s Award)
- Association of Cardiovascular Disease with Respiratory Disease and Impact on Outcome – Miller et al.
- Influence of Microvascular Disease on Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes – Verma et al.
- Longitudinal Titration of Medical Therapy for Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction: From the CHAMP-HF Registry – Butler et al.
- Underutilization of Cardiac Rehabilitation for Type 2 Myocardial Infarction – Wasfy et al.
- Left Ventricular Thrombus Contemporary Etiologies, Treatment Strategies, and Outcomes – Bhatt et al.
- Transthyretin Stabilization by AG10 in Symptomatic Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy: Results of a Phase 2 Study – Heitner et al.
- Public Reporting of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Outcomes: Institutional Costs and Physician Burden – Yeh et al.
- Patients with Recent Acute Coronary Syndrome and Polyvascular Disease Derive Large Absolute Benefit from Alirocumab – Jukema et al.
JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging
- One-Year Impact on Medical and Clinical Outcomes of FFRCT: The ADVANCE Registry – Patel et al. (Featured Clinical Research)
- Repeatability and Optimization of FDG Positron Emission Tomography for Evaluation of Cardiac Sarcoidosis – Miller et al.
- Long-Term All-Cause and Cause-Specific Mortality in Asymptomatic Patients with CAC ≥ 1000: Results from the Coronary Artery Calcium Consortium – Blaha et al.
- Prognostic Implications of Blunted Feature-Tracking Gobal Longitudinal Strain During Vasodilator Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Stress Imaging – Farzaneh-Far et al.
JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions
- Feasibility of Repeat Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) after Sapien 3 TAVR (TAV-in-TAV): A Novel Classification Scheme and Pilot Angiographic Study – Tang et al.
- Dual-Antiplatelet Therapy Cessation and Cardiovascular Risk in Relation to Age: Analysis from the PARIS Registry – Mehran et al.
JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology
- A Real-Time Hemodynamic ICD Measurement: Evaluation in Chronically Implanted Canines with Pacing Induced Dilated Cardiomyopathy – Feldman et al. (Highlighted Original Research)
JACC: Heart Failure
- Sex-Based Differences in Outcomes After Mitral Valve Surgery for Severe Ischemic Mitral Regurgitation: From the Cardiothoracic Surgical Trials Network – Gelijns et al.
Get In-Depth Analysis ON TOP TRIALS FROM ACC.19
Watch ACC Cardiology Hour for expert discussion on the hottest trials released during ACC.19 and the new ACC/AHA Primary Prevention of CVD Guideline. Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD, MACC hosted David J. Callans, MD, FACC; Erin D. Michos, MD, FACC; Gilles Montalescot, MD, PhD, and Vinod H. Thourani, MD, FACC, in this not-to-miss expert roundtable discussion.