Author + information
- Received July 31, 1986
- Revision received September 29, 1986
- Accepted November 17, 1986
- Published online July 1, 1987.
- Edward A. Fisher, MD1,
- Manuel R. Estioko, MD, FACC1,
- Eric H. Stern, MD, FACC1 and
- Martin E. Goldman, MD, FACC*,1
- ↵*Address for reprints: Martin Goldman, MD, Division of Cardiology, Mount Sinai Hospital, One Gustave L. Levy Place, New York, New York 10029.
Aortic root abscess occurs frequently in aortic prosthetic valve infective endocarditis. The present echocardiography report documents a ruptured abscess that led to a direct communication between the left ventricular outflow tract and the left atrium confirmed by real-time (color flow) Doppler imaging.
- Received July 31, 1986.
- Revision received September 29, 1986.
- Accepted November 17, 1986.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation