Author + information
- Received August 22, 1988
- Revision received November 14, 1988
- Accepted December 15, 1988
- Published online May 1, 1989.
- ↵1Address for reprints: Timothy A Sanborn, MD, Division of Cardiology, Box 1030, One Gustave L. Levy Place, New York, New York 10029.
Entrapment of a balloon-tipped flow-directed catheter by atrial sutures during open heart surgery is a rare but serious complication. Several methods have been used to free such catheters with nonsurgicaltechniques. A case of entrapment in the right ventricle after repair of a ventricular septal defect is presented and a method for percutaneous removal described.
- Received August 22, 1988.
- Revision received November 14, 1988.
- Accepted December 15, 1988.