Author + information
- Received September 7, 1982
- Revision received December 7, 1982
- Accepted December 10, 1982
- Published online July 1, 1983.
- Mamdouh Warda, MD, PhD,
- Attiya Khan, MD,
- Ali Massumi, MD, FACC,
- Virendra Mathur, MD, FACC,
- Tomas Klima, MD and
- Robert J. Hall, MD, FACC*
- ↵*Address for reprints: Robert J. Hall, MD, Texas Heart Institute, P.O. Box 20269, Houston, Texas 77225.
Radiation-induced heart disease is a well described entity. Previous reports have concentrated on the effects of radiation on the pericardium and myocardium causing pericarditis and myocardial fibrosis. In the last decade, some investigators have described valvular thickening, fibrosis and regurgitation. This report presents experience with two patients with aortic valvular stenosis of hemodynamic significance, possibly caused by mediastinal radiation.
- Received September 7, 1982.
- Revision received December 7, 1982.
- Accepted December 10, 1982.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation