Author + information
- Received May 31, 1983
- Revision received July 19, 1983
- Accepted July 22, 1983
- Published online January 1, 1984.
- Michael Florentine, MD*,
- Robert R. Wolfe, MD, FACC and
- Robert I. White Jr., MD
- ↵*Address for reprints: Michael Florentine, MD, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Box C220, Denver, Colorado 80262.
Balloon embolization was used to successfully occlude a large residual Blalock-Taussig shunt. The use of an “upstream” nondetachable balloon catheter to reduce flow and turbulence during final positioning of the detachable balloon may have made the technique safer and more precise.
- Received May 31, 1983.
- Revision received July 19, 1983.
- Accepted July 22, 1983.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation