Author + information
- Received October 4, 1983
- Revision received November 15, 1983
- Accepted November 22, 1983
- Published online May 1, 1984.
- ↵*Address for reprints: Richard W. Asinger, MD, Hennepin County Medical Center, Cardiology Division, 701 Park Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415.
The utility of two-dimensional echocardiography in the diagnosis of left atrial thrombi is well documented. One major limitation of this technique, however, has been the failure to successfully image left atrial appendage thrombi. This report discusses the presumptive diagnosis in three patients of pathologically confirmed left atrial appendage thrombi using a modified short-axis parasternal two-dimensional echocardiographic view.
- Received October 4, 1983.
- Revision received November 15, 1983.
- Accepted November 22, 1983.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation