Author + information
- Received April 18, 1997
- Revision received August 21, 1997
- Accepted August 25, 1997
- Published online December 1, 1997.
- ↵*Dr. Barry F. Uretsky, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 5.106 John Sealy Hospital Annex, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, Texas 77555-0553. E-mail: email@example.com.
Sudden cardiac death (SCD) may occur in as many as 40% of all patients who suffer from heart failure. This review describes the scope of the problem, risk factors for SCD, the effect of medications used in heart failure on SCD and the potential effect of the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator in primary prevention.
- Received April 18, 1997.
- Revision received August 21, 1997.
- Accepted August 25, 1997.