Author + information
- Received January 3, 1984
- Revision received March 12, 1984
- Accepted April 13, 1984
- Published online September 1, 1984.
- ↵*Address for reprints: Julio E. Pérez, MD, Box 8086, Cardiovascular Division, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S. Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110.
The diagnosis of combined ventricular septal rupture and mitral regurgitation complicating acute myocardial infarction is difficult and in previously reported cases has required right and left heart catheterization. This study utilized simultaneous Doppler and two-dimen- sional echocardiography to diagnose these combined lesions in two cases. Doppler echocardiography should have its greatest impact in the early noninvasive diagnosis of these complications.
- Received January 3, 1984.
- Revision received March 12, 1984.
- Accepted April 13, 1984.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation