Author + information
In the article by Antman et al., “ACC/AHA Guidelines for the Management of Patients With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 1999 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction),” which appeared in the August 4, 2004, issue of the journal (J Am Coll Cardiol2004;44:e1–211), the following errors occur:
• Table 12 (p e46): The entry “Traumatic or prolonged (greater than 10 minutes) CPR or major surgery (within less than 3 weeks)” should read “Traumatic or prolonged (greater than 10 minutes) CPR or major surgery (less than 3 weeks).”
• Table 13 (p e48): In the Model column for CCP and for InTIME-2, the SBP values on admission of 170 mm Hg or greater=1 entries should be deleted.
• Table 23 (p e85): Row 2 is incorrect. It should read “2. IV or D5W to keep the vein open. Start a second IV if IV medication is being given. This may be a heparin lock.”
• Table 23 (p e85): Row 3 is incorrect. It should read “3. Vital signs: every 30 min until stable, then every 4 h as needed. Notify physician if HR is less than 60 bpm or greater than 100 bpm, systolic BP is less than 100 mm Hg or greater than 150 mm Hg, respiratory rate is less than 8 breaths per minute or greater than 22 breaths per minute.”
• Table 23 (p e85): Row 5 is incorrect. It should read “5. Diet: NPO except for sips of water until stable. Then start 2 gram sodium/day, low saturated fat (less than 7% total calories/day), low cholesterol (less than 200 mg/d) diet, such as Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) diet.”
• Table 23 (p e85): Row 6 is incorrect. It should read “6. Activity: Bedrest and bedside commode and light activity when stable.”
• Table 29 (p e117): Column 1 is missing a heading. It should read “Normal.”
• Table 29 (p e118): The “How to Use the Table” footnote line 4 states that Temporary transvenous pacing (TV) is Class IIb, whereas the table according to the instructions shows that TV should be Class IIa. The footnote should read Class IIa.
• Page e156: The entry for Class I number 9 is incorrect. It should read “Class I. Cardiac rehabilitation/secondary prevention programs, when available, are recommended for patients with STEMI, particularly those with multiple modifiable risk factors and/or those moderate- to high-risk patients for whom supervised exercise training is warranted. (Level of Evidence: C)”
• Page e158: Under the staff listing for the American Heart Association, the name of Fernando Costa, MD, FAHA, Staff Scientist, was omitted.
• Page e166: The entry for Peer Reviewer Dr Frans Van de Werf under the column Stock Ownership should read “None.”
The corrected version of this article is available online at http://www.onlinejacc.org.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation