Author + information
- Jonathan R. Nebeker, MS, MD⁎ (, )
- Renu Virmani, MD,
- Charles L. Bennett, MD, PhD, MPP and
- Marc D. Feldman, MD, FACC
- ↵⁎VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, 500 Foothill Boulevard, Salt Lake City, Utah 84148
We appreciate the letter by Dr. Kounis and colleagues that expands upon our discussion of the literature on stent-associated hypersensitivity (1). In conjunction with the RADAR (Research on Adverse Drug events And Reports) project (2), we have started a protocol that incorporates some of the suggestions of Dr. Kounis and colleagues. This protocol includes skin tests to stent components and laboratory tests. It also features a methodical approach to dechallenge and rechallenge (3) for concomitant medication while maintaining antiplatelet coverage. To refer patients, please contact Dr. Marc Feldman, Associate Professor, Department of medicine, University of Texas, San Antonio (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- American College of Cardiology Foundation