Author + information
- Received August 3, 1984
- Revision received October 23, 1984
- Accepted November 6, 1984
- Published online April 1, 1985.
- ↵*Address for reprints: Robert A. Bruce, MD, Division of Cardiology, University Hospital, RG-22, Seattle, Washington 98195.
Noninvasive criteria developed in a learning series for exercise-enhanced risk assessment for events due to coronary heart disease have been applied to a test series in a later population sample. Men in the same age and risk groups for each pretest clinical classification show similar gradients of risk. Thus, exercise-enhanced criteria for risk assessment are validated. Age-standardized event rates show a reduction longitudinally in healthy men and patients who have had coronary bypass surgery.
- Received August 3, 1984.
- Revision received October 23, 1984.
- Accepted November 6, 1984.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation