Author + information
- Received May 29, 1984
- Revision received October 24, 1984
- Accepted November 5, 1984
- Published online April 1, 1985.
- Roy A. Pizzarello, MD, FACC*,§,**,
- Steven M. Goldberg, MD*,§,
- Mitchell A. Goldman, MD†,§,
- Rita Gottesman, MD†,§,
- James V. Fetten, MD*,§,
- Neal Brown, MD‡,§,
- Ellen I. Kahn, MD‡,§ and
- Harry L. Stein, MD†,§
- ↵*Address for reprints: Roy A. Pizzarello, MD, Division of Cardiology, North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Drive, Manhasset, New York 11030.
A case of liposarcoma metastatic to the heart is presented. This is a very rare entity and only three prior case reports could be found. Magnetic resonance imaging was successfully used to visualize the tumor. These images compared favorably with a two-dimensional echocardiography study and postmortem examination.
- Received May 29, 1984.
- Revision received October 24, 1984.
- Accepted November 5, 1984.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation