Author + information
- Received July 16, 1984
- Revision received November 7, 1984
- Accepted November 15, 1984
- Published online April 1, 1985.
- ↵*Address for reprints: Bruce B. Lerman, MD, Division of Cardiology, University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Box 158, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908.
Automaticity in the Kent anomalous atrioventricular bundle has been postulated to occur on the basis of electrocardiographic recordings. This hypothesis was confirmed using intracardiac recordings and programmed stimulation in a patient with pre-excitation. It was supported, in part, by demonstrating the presence of phase 3 and phase 4 block in the Kent bundle during decremental atrial pacing. The existence of automaticity in the Kent bundle may explain the manifestation of intermittent pre-excitation in certain patients. Furthermore, the presence of phase 3 and phase 4 block makes the likelihood of rapid antidromic conduction over the Kent bundle pathway unlikely within this subgroup.
- Received July 16, 1984.
- Revision received November 7, 1984.
- Accepted November 15, 1984.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation