Author + information
In the article by Anderson JL, Adams CD, Antman EA, et al. “ACC/AHA 2007 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2002 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction),” which appeared in the August 14, 2007, online issue of the journal (J Am Coll Cardiol 2007;50:e1–157), the following corrections are necessary:
• On multiple pages: Replace “calcium antagonist(s)” with “calcium channel blocker(s)” at all occurrences. These are as follows:
∘ page e36: Class IIa Recommendation 4; Class IIb Recommendations 1 and 2; Class III Recommendation 3; body of Table 12;
∘ page e43: title of Table 16;
∘ page e93: first column of Table 22;
∘ page e113: Class I Recommendations 1, 2, and 3; Class IIa Recommendation 2;
∘ page e114: Class IIb Recommendation; left column, first paragraph under “6.6.1. Coronary Artery Spasm With Cocaine Use”; right column, line 6;
∘ page e115: left column, second paragraph;
∘ page e116: right column, last paragraph;
∘ page e117: left column, first paragraph; and
∘ page e118: right column, last paragraph.
• On page e38, Table 13: In the first sentence of the footnote, add “of UFH” after “50 to 60 U per kg.”
• On page e46, Figure 7 caption: Delete “B” from first sentence so that parenthetical wording is “e.g., Boxes B1 and B2.”
• In Table 18, page e68:
⧫ For the PURSUIT row: The GP IIb/IIIa n should be 670/4722; the GP IIb/IIIa percentage should be 14.2*; the ARR percentage should be 1.5; the RR should be 0.90; the 95% CI should be 0.82 to 1.00; and the p should be 0.04.
⧫ For the ISAR-REACT (ACS) row: The 95% CI should be 0.57 to 0.97.
⧫ For the All ACS trials row: The GP IIb/IIIa n should be 1726/16 668; the GP IIb/IIIa percentage should be 10.4; the ARR percentage should be 1.3; the RR should be 0.86; and the 95% CI should be 0.81 to 0.93.
⧫ For the All PCI trials and ACS trials row: The GP IIb/IIIa n should be 2134/24 274; the GP IIb/IIIa percentage should be 8.8; the ARR percentage should be 1.7; the RR should be 0.83; and the 95% CI should be 0.83 to 0.84.
• On page e94, right column, second paragraph, line 4: Change “nonrandomized” to “randomized” so that sentence reads “In contrast, a meta-analysis of randomized trials of early (less than 14d) initiation . …”
These changes have been made to the online version of the article.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation