Author + information
The following changes were made to the article by Wright RS, Anderson JL, Adams CD, et al., “2011 ACCF/AHA Focused Update of the Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Updating the 2007 Guideline): A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines” as it appeared in the May 10, 2011, issue of the Journal (J Am Coll Cardiol 2011;57:1920–59) after it published ahead of print on March 28, 2011:
• On the first page (p. 1920), the American Academy of Family Physicians was deleted from the line beginning “Developed in Collaboration With …” because they had been incorrectly included while endorsement of the document was pending.
• The title of Table 2 has been changed to “Recommendations for Early Hospital Care Antiplatelet Therapy.”
• The titles of Section 5.2.1 and Table 5 have been changed to “Recommendations for Convalescent and Long-Term Antiplatelet Therapy.” The text of the document and the Table of Contents have been changed accordingly.
• In Table 5, in the second and third rows, the 2007 recommendations previously indicated “Deleted recommendation (see Table 2, Class I, #1 and #7)” in the third column. For the purpose of clarity, those recommendations are now included as #2 and #3 in the table. Hence, in the fourth row, 2011 Class I Recommendation #2 is now #4 and the second and third rows of Table 5 are now presented as follows:
• In the Appendix 6 flowchart, the third bullet of the step “Initiate anticoagulant therapy (Class I, LOE: A); Acceptable options include” contained an error. It was corrected to read “Enoxaparin or fondaparinux preferred over UFH (Class IIa, LOE: B).”
These changes have all been made to the article as published in the May 10, 2011, issue.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation