Author + information
- Received November 23, 1984
- Revision received December 10, 1984
- Accepted January 4, 1985
- Published online July 1, 1985.
- ↵aAddress for reprints: Robert S. Nitkin, MD, Cardiology Division, Falk Cardiovascular Research Center, Stanford, California 94305.
A cardiac transplant patient with rapidly progressive graft atherosclerosis is described. This case demonstrates the accelerated nature of this disease and problems in diagnosis, as well as an unexpected and previously unreported lack of sensitivity of exercise thallium scintigraphy in its investigation. This case also gives further support to the practice of routinely and frequently obtaining coronary arteriograms in the management of these patients.
↵b Dr. Nitkin is supported by grants from the Canadian and Ontario Heart Foundations, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This study was supported by Grant HL-13108-15 from the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland.
- Received November 23, 1984.
- Revision received December 10, 1984.
- Accepted January 4, 1985.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation