Author + information
- Ronen Rubinshtein,
- Nissan Ben–Dov,
- David Halon,
- Idit Lavi,
- Ariel Finkelstein,
- Basil Lewis and
- Ronen Jaffe
Accurate positioning of aorto–ostial coronary stents is challenging using conventional 2D coronary angiography. Coronary CT angiography (CCTA) allows detailed anatomic imaging of implanted stents. We assessed the accuracy of aorto–ostial stent deployment using CCTA.
256–row CCTA scans of pts who had undergone aorto–ostial stenting were analyzed. We assessed the location of the proximal stent edge within an aorto–ostial landing–zone (AOLZ) defined as within 1 mm of the aorto–ostial plane and compared the findings with angiographic review (2 experienced operators).
Twenty–three stents (23 pts) were studied. On angiography, complete lesion coverage was present in 95% of cases and optimal location of the proximal stent edge within the AOLZ in 76%. However, CCTA showed variation in the distance between the aorto–ostial plane and different aspects of the proximal stent edge (mean 2.0±1.3, range 0.3–5.0 mm) (Figure). All aspects of the proximal stent edge were located within the AOLZ in only 3 (13%) cases, with geographic miss in the remaining 87%.
1. Geographic–miss was common in aorto–ostial stenting and was underestimated by conventional 2D angiography. 2. CCTA is a useful tool which provides new insights into the assessment and follow–up of pts undergoing aorto–ostial stent implantation.
Poster Sessions, Expo North
Sunday, March 10, 2013, 3:45 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
Session Title: Interventional Aspects of CT and Other Novel Imaging Approaches
Abstract Category: 37. TCT@ACC–i2: Angiography and Interventional Aspects of CT/MR
Presentation Number: 2112–254
- 2013 American College of Cardiology Foundation