Author + information
Nishimura RA, Otto CM, Bonow RO, Carabello BA, Erwin JP III, Guyton RA, O'Gara PT, Ruiz CE, Skubas NJ, Sorajja P, Sundt TM III, Thomas JD. 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol 2014;63:e57–185.
1. Table 2, the information for the Atrial Fibrillation guideline was updated to reflect the 2014 publication date. The call out for the Atrial Fibrillation guideline in the table now reads:
|Guideline for the Management of Patients With Atrial Fibrillation||AHA/ACC/HRS||2014 (15)|
It previously read:
|Guideline for the Management of Patients With Atrial Fibrillation||ACC/AHA/ESC||ESC 2006 (6)∗|
The following footnote was deleted from Table 2 as well: “*The “ACC/AHA/ESC 2006 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Atrial Fibrillation” and the 2 subsequent focused updates from 2011 (6,15,16) are considered policy at the time of publication of the VHD guideline. However, a fully revised AF guideline is in development and will include updated recommendations on AF; it is expected that the revised AF guideline will be published in 2014.”
2. Table 5, the dosage for Penicillin V potassium was changed from “200 mg orally BID” to “250 mg orally BID”. The table now reads:
|Penicillin V potassium||250 mg orally BID|
It previously read:
|Penicillin V potassium||200 mg orally BID|
3. Section 10.1.2, text, “mixed valve disease” was replaced with “single valve disease” in the first sentence.
4. Section 13.3.2, Class IIa, Recommendation #3, text, “>” was deleted from “at least >2 times control” from the end of the first sentence.
5. Section 13.3.2, Class IIb, Recommendation #2, text, “>” was deleted from “at least >2 times control” from the end of the second sentence.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation