Author + information
Goff DC, Lloyd-Jones DM, Bennett G, et al. 2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Assessment of Cardiovascular Risk: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol 2013 Nov 12 [E-pub ahead of print]; doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2013.11.005.
1. On the cover page, the footnote should read, “This document was approved by the American College of Cardiology Board of Trustees and the American Heart Association Science Advisory and Coordinating Committee in November 2013. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics affirms the value of this guideline.” The footnote currently reads: “This document was approved by the American College of Cardiology Board of Trustees and the American Heart Association Science advisory and Coordinating Committee in November 2013.”
2. On the cover page, Robert A. Guyton, MD, FACC should be deleted from the ACC/AHA Task Force Members. Robert A. Guyton is currently listed with the ACC/AHA Task Force Members.
3. General Note: Appendices were reordered to maintain journal style of publishing author and peer reviewer' RWI first as Appendix 1 and 2, respectively. All the appendices were renumbered and call-outs in the text were modified accordingly. See published document for correct numbering.
4. General Note: Call-outs to the Full Panel Report Supplement were hyperlinked to the report.
5. General Note: The web-based calculator links have been updated throughout the document: http://www.cardiosource.org/en/Science-And-Quality/Practice-Guidelines-and-Quality-Standards/2013-Prevention-Guideline-Tools.aspx and http://my.americanheart.org/cvriskcalculator
6. Table 4, under the Assessment of 10-Year Risk of a First Hard ASCVD Event section, Recommendation #2, changed “Appendix 2 CQ2/ES1” under NHLBI Evidence Statements to “N/A.”
7. Table 4, added the header “CQ1: Use of Newer Risk Markers After Quantitative Risk Assessment” after Recommendation #2 and the header “CQ2: Long-Term Risk Assessment” after Recommendation #5.
8. Section 4, last paragraph, replaced referral to the downloadable spreadsheet with referral to the web-based application sites: http://my.americanheart.org/cvriskcalculator and http://www.cardiosource.org/en/Science-And-Quality/Practice-Guidelines-and-Quality-Standards/2013-Prevention-Guideline-Tools.aspx.
9. Section 6.1.1, last paragraph, added “….by Den Ruijter et al. (18), reviewed during the ACC/AHA update period, …”
10. Section 7, Figure 1 added referral to the Lifestyle Management guideline and the reference in 3 boxes on right. See published document for correct figure.
11. Section 7, first paragraph, added Reference 56 to the following sentence: “Hence, for patients outside this age range, providers should refer to applicable clinical practice guidelines (i.e., pediatric (53) and adult primary prevention guidelines (44,54,56).”
12. Section 7, first paragraph, added References 20, 21 to the following sentence: “Beginning at age 40 years, formal estimation of the absolute 10-year risk of ASCVD is recommended (20,21).”
13. After the references, the Key Words were added: ACC/AHA Practice Guidelines ■cardiovascular disease ■cholesterol ■primary prevention ■biomarkers ■risk assessment ■risk reduction behavior. The key words are currently missing.
14. Appendix 2. Expert Reviewers Relationships With Industry and Other Entities, add the following table note: “This table represents the relationships of reviewers with industry and other entities that were self-disclosed at the time of peer review. It does not necessarily reflect relationships with industry at the time of publication. To review the NHLBI and ACC/AHA's current comprehensive policies for managing relationships with industry and other entities, please refer to http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/cvd_adult/coi-rwi_policy.htm and http://www.cardiosource.org/Science-And-Quality/Practice-Guidelines-and-Quality-Standards/Relationships-With-Industry-Policy.aspx.” Currently not in the document. See published document for correct table.
15. Appendix 3. Characteristics of Previously Published Risk Scores and Current Pooled Cohort Equations (Including Data Sources, Covariates, and Outcomes) (Appendix 6 in published document), removed table note “Risk calculators noted above include hyperlinks to the respective webpage.”
- The Expert Work Group Members