Author + information
To investigate the level of intermedin in stable coronary artery disease patients combined with AF.
We included 76 stable coronary artery disease (SCAD) patients with AF hospitalized in the Department of Cardiology of Aerospace Center Hospital who had complete clinical data, and devided them into paroxysmal AF group and sustained AF group. During the same period, 47 SCAD patients without AF were included as non-AF group. Their clinical information and biochemical parameters were collected at admission, and blood samples were collected and pre-treated. The level of plasma IMD was measured by radioimmunoassay.
1. IMD level of paroxysmal AF group was significantly higher than that in non-AF group (343.97±181.69 vs 232.35±86.42, p=0.002).
2. CRP(C-reactive protein) of patients with AF was significantly higher than those in non-AF group [4.00 (0,8.93) vs 2.00 (0.63,5.00), p=0.032]. CRP of sustained AF group was higher than that of paroxysmal AF group [6.00 (1.12,17.61) vs 2.50 (0,7.00), p=0.004] and that of non-AF group [6.00 (1.12,17.61) vs 2.00 (0.63,5.00), p=0.001].
3. LAD(left atrial diameter) of patients with AF increased significantly comparing with non-AF group [40.0(36.5,44.0) vs 33.0(32.0,36.0), p < 0.001]. LAD of sustained AF ranked the first high level with paroxysmal AF group following behind and LAD of non-AF group was the lowest(p < 0.001).
4. With the increasing of LAD the plasma IMD in AF patients decreased (p=0.001), while the CRP level gradually increased (p=0.008).
5. Plasma IMD of AF patients was negatively correlated with LAD (r=-0.465, p < 0.001).
6. Plasma CRP of AF patients was positively correlated with LAD (r=0.319, p=0.001).
IMD increased significantly in SCAD patients with AF, especially with paroxysmal AF, indicating that IMD may play a protective role in the pathophysiology of AF combined with SCAD.