Seeking Applications for Editor-in-Chief of New Journals
The ACC Publications Committee is pleased to announce the launch of a new journal, JACC: CardioOncology, and is seeking applicants for the position of editor-in-chief of the journal.
The goal of JACC: CardioOncology is to publish the best original research and review articles pertaining in this rapidly emerging field. The journal will be interested in original articles related to basic, clinical and translational investigation in CardioOncology. Topics of interest will include molecular mechanisms and biomarkers of cardiotoxicity; early diagnosis of cardiotoxicity; risk stratification and prevention of cardiotoxicity; oncologic treatment for patients with cardiovascular disease; and cardiovascular care for cancer survivors.
The new editor-in-chief’s term will begin in March 2019, with the first online articles being published in September 2019. The deadline for submission of editor-in-chief applications is January 15, 2019.
- Current academic appointment in Cardiovascular Medicine, preferably directing a Division of CardioOncology and strong evidence of scholarly pursuits
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the field of CardioOncology, its leadership, current trends and advances, and clinical and translational perspectives
- Substantial experience in writing, editing and reviewing scientific articles
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage tasks associated with journal publication and production
- Demonstrated ability in administration and leadership
- Intention to cultivate the journal as a primary interest; estimated time commitment: 30%.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the potential and possibilities of new media, digital and electronic publication, and social media
- Understanding of the Open Access publishing model, trends and competitive landscape
- The ideal candidate will have served in a significant leadership role in a journal, e.g., Editor, Associate Editor or Assistant Editor
Information and Application Deadlines:
- The editor-in-chief term is five years, with the possibility of re-appointment for an additional five-year term
- To apply, please submit a letter of application addressing your qualifications for the position, along with a brief statement of your vision for this new journal. Letters of application should be addressed to ACC Publications Committee, and sent via e-mail to Kim Murphy, DVP, Publishing Director, ACC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact Kim Murphy (email@example.com) for more information about the journal itself, and the scope of responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief
- Deadline for submission of applications is January 15, 2019
Learn about the editor-in-chief requirements for JACC: Case Reports.