Seeking Applications for Editor-in-Chief of New Journals
JACC: Case Reports
The ACC Publications Committee is pleased to announce the launch of a new journal, JACC: Case Reports, and is seeking applications for the position of editor-in-chief of the journal.
The goal of JACC: Case Reports is to publish high quality, educationally valuable case reports, case series, images and quality improvement projects covering all aspects of cardiology. The journal aims to serve as a publication vehicle for early career cardiologists and members of the cardiovascular care team, and as a forum for mentorship on the review and publication process.
The new editor-in-chief’s term will begin in March 2019, with the first online cases being published in June 2019. The deadline for submission of applications is January 15, 2019.
- Current academic or clinical appointment in cardiovascular medicine; and strong evidence of scholarly pursuits
- A dedicated passion for education and mentorship
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the field of cardiovascular medicine, its leadership, current trends and advances
- Substantial experience in writing, editing and reviewing scientific articles
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage tasks associated with journal publication and production
- Demonstrated ability in administration and leadership
- Intention to cultivate the journal as a primary interest; estimated time commitment: 30%
- Understanding of and appreciation for the potential and possibilities of new media, digital and electronic publication, and social media
- Understanding of the Open Access publishing model, trends and competitive landscape
- The ideal candidate will have served in a significant leadership role in a journal, e.g., Editor, Associate Editor or Assistant Editor
Information and Application Deadlines:
- The editor-in-chief term is five years, with the possibility of re-appointment for an additional five-year term
- To apply, please submit a letter of application addressing your qualifications for the position, along with a brief statement of your vision for this new journal. Letters of application should be addressed to ACC Publications Committee, and sent via e-mail to Kim Murphy, DVP, Publishing Director, ACC (email@example.com)
- Contact Kim Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about the journal itself, and the scope of responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief
- Deadline for submission of applications is January 15, 2019
Learn about the editor-in-chief requirements for JACC: CardioOncology.