This article has a correction. Please see:
Author + information
- Received February 3, 2004
- Revision received June 21, 2004
- Accepted June 22, 2004
- Published online October 6, 2004.
- Rajiv Gupta, MD,
- Yochai Birnbaum, MD, FACC and
- Barry F. Uretsky, MD, FACC* ()
- ↵*Reprint requests and correspondence:
Dr. Barry F. Uretsky, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Department of Internal Medicine, 5.106 John Sealy Annex, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, Texas 77555-0553
The patient with chronic kidney disease and coronary artery disease (CAD) presents special challenges. This report reviews the scope of the challenge, the hostile internal milieu predisposing to CAD and cardiac events, management issues, unresolved dilemmas, and the need for randomized trials to allow for evidence-based treatment.
- Received February 3, 2004.
- Revision received June 21, 2004.
- Accepted June 22, 2004.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation