Seeking Applications for JACC: Asia Editor-in-Chief
The Scientific Publications Committee of the American College of Cardiology is seeking applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief of the newest JACC journal.
JACC: Asia, an online-only Open Access peer-reviewed journal, will publish original manuscripts focused on Asian populations and by Asian authors. The Journal will be the first region-specific cardiovascular journal that will cover topics ranging from cardiovascular health and prevention to late-stage interventions within East Asian populations. The Journal will aim to publish only the highest quality papers and authors and will focus on cardiovascular content that advances the field with an emphasis on Chinese, Japanese and South Korean patient populations.
The new Editor’s term will begin in December 2020. JACC: Asia will be a monthly publication.
- Current academic appointment, and strong evidence of scholarly pursuits.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the field of cardiovascular research, as well as research or clinical practice dedicated to Asian patient populations
- Experience in managing cross-cultural or multi-cultural research or clinical teams
- Substantial experience in writing, editing, and reviewing scientific articles.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage tasks associated with journal publication and production.
- Demonstrated ability in administration and leadership.
- Intention to cultivate the journal as a primary interest; estimated time commitment: 30%.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the potential and possibilities of new media, digital and electronic publication; and Social Media.
- Understanding of the Open Access publishing model, trends and competitive landscape.
- The ideal candidate will have served in a significant leadership role in a journal, e.g., Editor, Deputy Editor, Associate Editor or Assistant Editor.
Information and Application Deadlines:
The JACC: Asia Editor-in-Chief role carries a five-year term, with the possibility of renewal for an additional five years.
- Contact Justine Turco (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about the journal itself, and the scope of responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief.
- To apply, please submit a letter of application addressing your qualifications for the position, along with a brief statement of your vision for this new journal. Letters of application should be addressed to the ACC Publications Committee, and sent via e-mail to Justine Turco (email@example.com).
- ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all candidates and employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. EOE/AA including Vets and Disabled. International applicants are encouraged.
- Deadline for submission of applications is October 15, 2020.